EAB Event 2013-02-22: Advice for people attending Esperanto events at Shallowford
This was the Esperanto Association of Britain's site from 2005 to 2018. You will find its current site at esperanto.org.uk.
Advice for people attending the Esperanto residential weekend Shallowford
The 2013 Ni muzikumu / Drondo / Course-you-can residential weekend takes place from 22 – 24 Feb 2013.
- Course-you-can £140
- Drondo / Ni muzikumu £155
For those who have already booked a place, please note:
- Attendees will be sent the programme by e-mail when it becomes available. (An outline programme is shown below)
- You can register and collect your bedroom keys from 5pm.
If you’re arriving by car, you may find the information on this page useful.
If you’re arriving by train, one of the students has kindly agreed to coordinate a taxi share from Stafford Station to Shallowford house;
that person are scheduled to arrive at Stafford Station at 15.22 and are happy to grab a coffee and wait for anyone arriving at a similar time.
If you’d be interested in sharing a taxi, contact the office to advise of your arrival time.
- EAB is arranging for a modest selection of books/dictionaries to be available to purchase at Shallowford House during the weekend.
if there’s anything from our bookshop catalogue that you would particularly like to look at please let me know in advance - we can then ensure they’re taken to Shallowford.
- A reference copy of the Plena Ilustrita Vortaro is available in the Shallowford Library, however you may wish to bring along your own dictionary/pens/ notepads.
It's also worth mentioning that free wi-fi internet access is available at various points throughout the house.
- One last thing – if you think that you may arrive a little late and not be in time for dinner, we can arrange for a cold meal to be left out for you.
Again, please let us know in advance and we can make the necessary arrangements.
This is the outline programme, a more detailed one will be sent to participants or issued at the start of the weekend
Friday 22 Feb
Arrival & registration 17.00
Saturday 23 Feb
Coffee break 11.00
Afternoon Tea 16.00
Sunday 24 Feb
Please don't hesitate to contact the EAB office if you have any further queries.
[Return to EAB events list]